Customized “Catering Just For You” Since 1982
DeAngelo’s Catering and Events is locally owned and operated servicing the Portland Metro area and beyond since 1982. We proudly support local, seasonal and regional cuisine whenever possible and have made a commitment to sustainability for many years. CEO Steve DeAngelo is a Portland native and is personally involved in every event we produce. Our services are available 7 days per week for most size events encompassing most budget ranges. Food & Beverage Catering are just the beginning to the host of options we can provide for your event. We invite you to join our long list of satisfied customers.
Founder & President – Steve DeAngelo
Steve DeAngelo is a Portland native and started his food service career at 13 years old working for his father at DeAngelo’s Restaurant in SE Portland. Steve’s culinary experience comes from years of training in some of Portland’s finest establishments. In 1982 he formed his first catering company in 1982 called “Catering Just for You”. In 1987 Steve opened DeAngelo’s Catering & Italian Delicatessen which he operated a retail establishment as well as a catering company for 15 years in Tigard, Oregon. 2002 allowed the purchase of a 3000 square foot production facility. We opened our new facility in November 2003 where we house sales, accounting, a showroom for meeting clients as well as our modern state of the art kitchen. Steve is a founding member of the Sustainable Catering Association as well as the Association of Catering and Event Professionals. Recently our company has joined the International Special Events Society (ISES). DeAngelo’s Catering and Events donates regularly to many non-profits. Steve is also an advisory board member for Potluck in the Park which helps feed anyone in need each Sunday in Downtown Portland at O’Bryant Square. Speaking engagements locally and nationally on sustainability are new passions as well as volunteering to secure Grants and fundraising for Potluck in the Park annually at their Winter Warm Concert.
We practice the following procedures each day in our operations:
- We compost food waste at our production facility as part of our pilot program with the City of Tigard.
- We donate leftover foods regularly to agencies locally on our customer’s behalf.
- We recycle film and ink cartridges, office paper, newspaper, magazines, cardboard, plastic, tin, aluminum, glass, cooking oil, and animal fat renderings.
- All of the disposable products we provide at events are recycled.
- Our advertising and marketing materials are print on recycled paper.
- Client proposals and communication practices include electronic transmittals via e-mail as to reduce paper use.
- We use digital photography and social media to document our services for marketing.
- China, flatware, and glass rental is made available, as well as reusable centerpieces, event décor, display pieces and all natural environments.
- Display materials, props, floral, and buffet décor is reused, recycled or donated.
- Plastic service ware items are recycled or reused when requested.
- Biodegradable service ware items are available for customers.
- Our ware washing and cleaning practices include environmentally friendly soaps and detergents whenever possible.
- We encourage alternative transportation and carpooling for our staff for large events to reduce auto emissions.
- DeAngelo’s Catering and Events takes pride in being a company that assists in a sustainable future for our environment.
Sustainable Event Solutions
Recent recipient of the Washington County “Recycle at Work” Award! DeAngelo’s Catering is proud to offer the following services to our clients:
- We can compost your food waste upon request at your event.
- Manned garbage collection stations now available.
- Wooden plates made from renewable resources or bamboo.
- Complete recycling of cans, bottles, corn cups & utensils upon request.
- Event spaces for rent offering sustainable choices.
- Bulk condiment and beverage station reduces garbage at events.
- Numerous china, glassware & silverware patterns available for rent.
- Alternative transportation services include bio diesel charters.
- Eco friendly invitation options – now available!
- Event signs made from renewable resources –now available!
- Full service wedding & event planning offering complete green solutions.
- Game & entertainment options reducing or eliminating electricity use.
- Create Lighting environments with LED Lighting.
- Rent a solar generator to offset electricity use
- Providing education at events to attendees regarding sustainability.
- Zero Waste Events! Ask us how!
Additional fees apply for some service requests, call our office to discuss your sustainable event mission and let us assist you in greening your next event!